Web-page Set-up HP Printer C3180

spuds 11:03 04 Jun 2007

I am having problems with downloading web-page print-outs, due to right hand side extension/overlap of page. Top, Bottom and left hand side, seem fine.

HP support have mentioned various possible solutions, but none of these seem to work (HP do mention that some web-pages may not print correctly due to script, and there is no solution available to correct this!). One solution suggested was to change 'Margins'. I have attempted this, but I find that my adjustments reverts back to the previous settings, so the problem is still evident!. (Setting this is a simple click OK, no Apply button available).

When I first purchased (about 5/6 months ago) and set-up the printer, everything seem to work okay, then after a couple of months or so, problems. Would mention that I have tried re-installing the printer, but to no avail.

HP suggest that the 'Margins' should be 'at least 6.3mm (.25 inch) all round. On the setting that keeps reverting back, it would suggest very much different, and as low as 1.35mm (L) 1.31mm (R) 1.2mm (Top & Bottom). Even at these low settings, the page prints-out okay on three sides, excluding the right hand overlapping side (??).

Using IE6 plus XP Home and XP Pro on two computers.

Advice and remedy very much appreciated.

spuds 18:20 04 Jun 2007

>>Anyone<<

spuds 17:13 08 Jun 2007

Still no joy. Any advice or remedy would be appreciated

brundle 17:17 08 Jun 2007

Print in landscape format? Or grab the entire page as an image with FSCapture and print that instead.
There are other image capture tools but FSCapture can handle scrollable pages.
click here

interzone55 09:33 11 Jun 2007

Use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, as it manages to print most pages in full.

spuds 17:46 11 Jun 2007

Thanks folks for the response.

It seemed strange that the printer was working okay on original set-up for a couple of months or more, then things went wrong. As mentioned HP have been involved, but their solutions do not seem to resolve the problem. Seems strange that the manufacturer doesn't have the answer. I will have to keep trying various things, as I want the printer to work as it should do, and originally did, on all browsers, and without add-ons.

Thanks again, will tick green box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?