web page printing problem

alanwalton 08:02 06 Sep 2008

Without warning, when I now try to print a single web page EG my bank statement or confirmation of ebay transactions the print out is whooly text and symbols and it looks like HTML language. The single page often comes out as nine or ten pages. It is not unique because Ryanair transactions print out as normal. I can print out by copying and pasting to another program. I am using XP and Explorer 7. Any help please

Si_L 22:52 09 Sep 2008

You could print the screen and put it in a Word document.

woodchip 22:55 09 Sep 2008

Why not go to Print Preview in Menu under file to see what it looks like and it may let you change settings, before you choose print

alanwalton 06:22 10 Sep 2008

To Si-L this is the way that I have had to resort to to get a print of a web page.
To woodchip I have resorted to print preview and tried your suggestion also and it does not work

Si_L 13:38 11 Sep 2008

Its what I normally do anyway. The internet is chock full of adverts, and unnecessary text that is probably not relevant to what you want of the page. Copy and paste into Word is the best way anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?