Web Page opening XP Problems

tobyjug2007 12:40 08 Dec 2008

Hi peeps, i'm running Pentium 4 Desktop pc, service pack 3 installed...anybody advise me why when i open a web page the page is not full-screen or is this normal...if not how can i rectify it please....any simple answer cos i'm no techno freak?
many thanks

Clapton is God 13:11 08 Dec 2008

You can change the window size at opening by doing the following:
· Close any open IE windows.
· Open IE, right click on a link in the page you opened, and select Open in New Window from the context menu.
· Resize the new window to the size you want all IE windows to be when you open them by clicking a link.
· Hold down the Shift key and click the Close icon (X) at the top right of the window to close the new window.
· Resize the first window you opened to the size you want IE to be when you launch the browser. Close it by holding down Shift and clicking the Close icon.

Now your IE windows should open in the sizes you've set, depending on how you open the browser (from a link or by clicking the IE icon to launch the browser).

tobyjug2007 13:28 08 Dec 2008

thanks for the advice, sounds very complicated, i did say i was no techno junkie, any way you can simplify you answer to my query?
Cheers

Clapton is God 13:44 08 Dec 2008

It's nothing to do with being a "techno junkie" or otherwise - just follow a few words of English!!

However, to keep it simple, try:

Close all IE windows except the small one.

Drag its sides to fill the screen (do not use the maximise button).

Close using Close on the File menu (not the X).

The next time it should open full size.

tobyjug2007 13:57 08 Dec 2008

Cheers for that mate, just done what you said, works a treat many thanks.
Seasons greetings to you and your family:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?