web page flicker

vally 06:46 13 Apr 2010

I use windows 7 home premium, today i noticed an update was available for Nvidia GeForce 7050/ Nvidia n Force 610i adaptor, so installd it, since then when i run the mouse over a web page it flickers, even now as i type , each press on a key makes the screen flicker, is it best to roll back the driver , in device manager,or is there another way to uninstall the update, i noticed windows set a restore point before installing but don't know how to get to it, this flicker is annoying, thanks

Terry Brown 07:07 13 Apr 2010

I'm, guessing the update was for Xp or Vista, which is why it is 'flickering'

You could try rolling back the driver or going to Control panel, find the Graphic Update and uninstall.

I do not have any experience of win 7, so this may or may not work.

Can you contact Nvidia for their advice ?, or look on the win 7 section of this forum.

Terry

mooly 07:35 13 Apr 2010

Windows updates for such things as drivers are notoriously unreliable.

I would try just rolling back the driver in device manager.
For system restore just try typing system restore into the run box to bring it up... which works in Vista.

click here

When you have fixed the problem just "hide" the update from the Windows Update screen so it doesn't keep appearing.

Unless you have a specific problem, never update drivers just for the sake of it.

northumbria61 08:02 13 Apr 2010

You should always update drivers from the manufactures website - ie: in this case Nvidia.

click here

Technotiger 08:41 13 Apr 2010

I agree with mooly - Never update drivers unless you are having problems, especially Nvidia!

vally 10:11 13 Apr 2010

thanks guys I know what to do now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?