web mail almost full ?

bobatnorthway 16:36 19 Oct 2006

I have tiscali webmail I have a large quantity of past emails in my stored mesage folder, this is almost full 90mb, how can I move these to another folder on my h/drive they contain all sorts of attachments, jpegs etc, in order that I can free up space im my email.

Jackcoms 16:41 19 Oct 2006

Why not download them using Outlook Express, for instance, and store them 'locally' on your PC?

You can create as many different folders as you wish in OE.

bobatnorthway 16:52 19 Oct 2006

That looks a good idea, I have oe, so how do i get them into oe from my webmail, they were never originally received via oe?

Jackcoms 16:56 19 Oct 2006

You need to set up OE for your Tiscali e-mail account with Tiscali settings click here

VoG II 16:57 19 Oct 2006
  Jackcoms 16:57 19 Oct 2006

Snap!!

bobatnorthway 17:01 19 Oct 2006

Thanks jackcoms, I already have oe set up, but for some reason unknown to me, i only receive a fraction of messages through it and have to constantly check via tiscali web mail and have tese stored in the stored message folder, how do i remove and save elsewhere such as oe ?

Jackcoms 17:15 19 Oct 2006

"only receive a fraction of messages through it"

Doesn't make sense.

In theory, whatever you see in Tiscali webmail should also download through OE if you have configured it correctly.

Do you have more than one account set up with Tiscali?

bobatnorthway 17:21 19 Oct 2006

I have one account, with 2 address's a very small % are receiced through oe though.

gel 17:42 19 Oct 2006

Hello
Have a look at googlemail.com
gel

Jackcoms 17:54 19 Oct 2006

Have you set up OE to receive e-mails sent to both addresses?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?