Web Link Not Working

dongading 16:59 01 Jan 2004

I downloaded a small programme a couple of weeks ago and in the process it updated some system files. Since then, if I click on a web link that opens a second window, it seems to freeze at that point. Can't seem to work it out. If its any help, logging onto Abbey National causes this problem but First Direct doesn't.

I get the feeling it's a java problem. By the way I run windopws 98 second edition, 700mh amd with 384 ram.

Cheers

Chris

VoG II 17:01 01 Jan 2004

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

dongading 18:15 01 Jan 2004

Thanks for the quick reply VoG. I have tried as much as I can including running all the dlls, but not the registry. Still got the same problem though. Have rebooted as well.

dongading 14:03 31 Mar 2004

Hi,

Still have this problem with HTTP window opening blank. If I follow VoG's link I get the following file needs to be manually installed. this looks right to me from other angles as well.

11-Oct-2001 19:45 6.0.2710.1100 189,440 Ie6wzd.exe

Trouble is I cannot get hold of the file. Microsoft site doesn't seem to recognise the software digits inputted and the comp is about 3 years old and no support for it now. Was bought new from Mesh but they won't let me log on as support out of date. Does anyone know how I can get hold of a copy.

Thanks

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?