Web hosting for small online business

Dannyb 11:45 01 Nov 2010

I have an online retail business currently selling via eBay but want to now have a website too. Can't afford too much on the web design side but really need some advice regarding which hosting company to go with. I've got no idea where to start and everyone I read about that sounds good seems to be slated for some reason or other on a review site. Hopefully some of you can advise from personal experience. Thanks for your help.

LastChip 13:14 01 Nov 2010

seems as good as anyone and has some really good introductory offers. Good tools for an on-line shop too. 1and1.co.uk

I use them as registrars and have had no problems, but as I have my own server for my sons business site, I haven't used their hosting service. I have however used their help line in the early days, which was good. I have also had good reports from others.

I suggest you take a look and see what you think. The sector is highly competitive though, so you may find someone else that is a better deal.

Proclaimer 14:12 01 Nov 2010

Storm Internet are my prefered choice this last 4 or 5 years click here and they are UK Based

Dannyb 11:23 02 Nov 2010

Thanks for the feedback and recommendations

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?