Web Hosting Domain Names E_Commerce

SLIMMERTIF 20:19 02 May 2005

My partner and I are starting a new business venture, and are going to run it mainly via the net, but also visiting car rallys car shows and advertising our web page and business via local member magazines. Neither of us knows anything about designing a web page setting up registering it etc. I approached a local company and was quoted in the region of £2k for a total package.

However, we also have a friend who claims to be able to design and maintain a working e-commerce site for us. (using click here)

My question is..... what questions should we ask anyone who can offer a service, bearing in mind we need a secure site with a shopping cart, and a site that can be accessed and updated by ourselves.

Sorry to be so vague but any pointers before we take the leap!!

spuds 23:39 02 May 2005

These sites should give you some information to think about. click here click here click here

SLIMMERTIF 07:31 05 May 2005

Thanks for your replies, especially the advice re the US site - UK Consumer law was one vital component that I had not thought of. Small business needs all the help it can get!

Watch this space for news in the future about the takeoff of our new business!

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Game of Thrones GIFs: how Eran Mendel is creating hilarious weekly GIFs based on each episode's…

How to increase storage on iPhone

Nokia 8 : rumeurs & soirée de lancement