Web Hosting advice

Ade_1 19:30 19 Oct 2006

Hi, I know this will have come up about 1million times before, so sorry for this once more.

The question I am wating to ask is that if anyone can suggest anywhere decent to get web-hosting. I am looking at somewhere which isnt too expensive but provides mysql databases and a fair bit of webspace as I will be using it for some storage aswell as a website.

(Heart Internet have a great offer on the starter professional however no MySQL databases seem to be includes which would prevent me from adding things like Forums, Blogging tools perhaps and things like that...)

Thanks in advance

Aidan

Forum Editor 19:42 19 Oct 2006

It gives you up to 50 MySQL databases and up to 10,000Mb of web space for £8.99 a month.

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:45 19 Oct 2006
  Ade_1 15:20 20 Oct 2006

Thanks for the suggestions, I will have a good look at them both :)

Aidan

Ade_1 16:00 20 Oct 2006

I have comes acroos "freevirtualservers" and have seen their offer for the "30 Hosting" click here
However, what I would like to know is does anyone have any past experience of "freevirtualservers" or if they have heard any good or bad reports about them.

Aidan

slightlymad 17:34 20 Oct 2006

And I've never looked back.

Heart's 'Control Panel' is simplicity itself to use, and their customer support is exemplary.

I've raised tickets beyond the scope of Heart's services (I wanted to know how to register a Russian domain), and their replies were not only virtually instant, but detailed and helpful.

I can't recommend them highly enough.

I'm with Freevirtualservers using one of their free accounts which comes with 1 mysql database. Considerig it is free you would expect poor technical support, in fact my support enquiries have been answered within 10 minutes!

Highly recommended!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?