web help please

rob3600 09:01 28 Jul 2008

Hi folks,
I know this is similar to other posts, but could still do with a few pointers. Trying to build a web site click here & using Office Live to build this site. I use Word to compile my text,photos, etc; however, when I put in pictures, all I get is a square with a red cross. I know how to get the text from Word into the site, but am stumped concerning the pictures. As I want to place the pictures within the text, I need pointers on how to do this, please.

mco 09:51 28 Jul 2008

Does this help?
click here

rob3600 20:47 28 Jul 2008

Thanks mco but this appears to only work ontext that you have typed in directly. I have imported text through microsoft word, convert this into HTML through notepad etc, but still cannot get pictures and images where I want them, I cannot appear to be able to put the curser anywhere within the boundaries of the text I have imported, any more adive would be appreciated.

gerri-atrick 13:45 29 Jul 2008

upload the photo`s as instructed in mco`s link, copying and pasting the whole lot from notepad wont work as notpade will only have links to the photo on your computer, so meaning that when you upload the code to your page it is still linking the photos to your computer, the photo needs to be in your root folder and linking to it there.

Html code doesnt show a picture only the path to it. hope this helps :))

rob3600 19:55 29 Jul 2008

Ok for that I will give it a go.I always find these pages very useful and the people who respond friendly and willing to offer advice and words of wisdom. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017