web e-mail

Jadee 00:18 16 Jan 2010

Could anybody tell me where to go to change how I send web pages by e-mail when I right click
I run vista
Thanks

OTT_B 00:50 16 Jan 2010

I'm guessing you're talking about the Accelerator function in Internet Explorer?

If so, in Internet Explorer, go to the tools menu, Manage Add-ons, then select Accelerators from the left hand side. You have an "email" option there.

dnjl 23:10 18 Jan 2010

Jadee - do you mean what OTT_B has said or do you mean - like when you get a good page up and want to e-mail page to a friend?

Jadee 22:17 21 Jan 2010

yes that is what I mean I don't know what accelerators are

wee eddie 03:27 22 Jan 2010

Just copy the content of the Address Bar and Paste it into the e-mail.

Your friend should then be able to click on it when the e-mail gets to him.

Jadee 00:13 23 Jan 2010

Thats fine But you must be able to change the e-mail address when I right click
Thanks for your interest

OTT_B 00:35 23 Jan 2010

What mail provider are you trying to send from? E.g. Yahoo!, AOL, Windows Live etc.

oldbeefer2 09:37 24 Jan 2010

If you just want to send the link to the page, highlight the address by left clicking and wiping across it - right click and hit 'copy'. Put the cursor into the text area or the email - right click and hit 'paste'. When your friend receives your email, he'll be able to click on the link and go directly to that web page.

Jadee 22:41 24 Jan 2010

I am trying to change Windows live I want to change it to Google or Yahoo

OTT_B 22:47 24 Jan 2010

Google is simple to do. Yahoo! isn't.

click here and click on "Send with Gmail". When prompted check the "make this my default provider" box and then click "Add"

That should do you.

OTT_B 22:51 24 Jan 2010

(actually, given the option, click "Replace", rather than "Add". If you don't get a choice then don't worry about it)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017