WEB DOMAIN HELP!

scuba steve 21:09 29 May 2006

hello everyone - I want to start a website for my famly but i want to know how to register a domain name but im not sure what im doing - ive looked it up and typed it in to a web hosting website and they have given me a price of £10.99 for 2 years, i just need some basic help in what to do next - what happens when i buy this domain? after the 2 years is that it? im sorry for the complicated question but if some one could point me in the right direction i would be most grateful (or even a link to some useful; info!)
thankyou

scuba steve 22:03 29 May 2006

anyone?

harristweed 08:31 30 May 2006

click here

They will register the domain name for you and provide hosting for your website, including email, PHP and MYSQL.

You then upload your website, to their servers, using an FPT program. (Available free from the internet)click here

and thats it!

At the end of the period the hosting company will send you an email that invites you to renew for a further two years. I have a few sites with them and find the service and support excellent.

spuds 10:53 30 May 2006

Most as been covered by harristweed, but I use click here have a 'build it yourself' website facility, which you can try out before committing yourself.If you decide to go ahead, then you can download this to the hosting package.

If you require a simple 'family' website, then your ISP may have this facility for free, usually as part of their package deal.

spuds 10:55 30 May 2006

Whoops, made a mistake with link 1&1 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?