Web Designer Software

Boghound 17:50 26 Jun 2008

Anyone recommend a decent web site designer software. (Without having to revert to HMTL)Does "Dreamweaver" require a steep learning curve like the rest of Adobe applications?

Kemistri 18:41 26 Jun 2008

Yes, it does.

Expression Web 2 is really the only viable alternative left in the marketplace. It's pretty good and it has begun to support PHP (though MS will always favour ASP.net). Other packages are all far more amateur; Net Objects Fusion is probably the best of them by some margin, but that's relative.

kindly 09:42 29 Jun 2008

It depends on what you want to do. If you are a biginer and dont want to do a lot of fancy stuff then try Ewisoft. I use it on my site. I agree that it is a basic web site builder but you just type in what you want and its there for you to look at. You can even look at the HTML code after you set your page up so you can learn as you go. visit click here if you want to have more info about it.
I have not had any trouble using it and I am a complete novice as you will see if you look at my site at click here
Hope this helps you.

123joey123 14:11 29 Jun 2008

I strongly advise you get Serif Webplus

It will do anything you want

Kemistri 18:52 29 Jun 2008

I strongly advise you NOT to waste money on Serif, unless you really want to produce an old-fashioned kludgy site that relies on deprecated code and fails to meet important technical and accessibility standards.

kindly 07:15 30 Jun 2008

I forgot to say Boghound, Ewisoft is free. You can pay for a licenced one but thats up to what you want. Why pay when you can start using a program for nothing till you get used to doing web design then move up to a paid for version.

Terry Brown 14:12 30 Jun 2008

I can recommend this free program for all you basic (learning )click here.

Terry

Taran 12:45 01 Jul 2008

Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition

click here

This one is seriously, seriously good.

Free too, as long as you don't turn into a commercial developer using it.

Makes Nvu and pretty much anything other than Dreamweaver or Expression 2 look like a box of crayons...

Terry Brown 13:01 01 Jul 2008

To Taran from Terry

Not hijacking the link, but thanks for the link.
Terry

ethelbert 14:18 04 Jul 2008

I use Expression Web2 - have just updated from EW1- I like it very much as it is like Frontpage2003 if you like, but has much much more. It is a very powerful programme.

Wouldn't mind betting hat Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express is expensive.

IClaudio 16:13 04 Jul 2008

Hey Taran, nice to see you around again! Thanks for the link, reading all about it now :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?