Web creation

Rtus 23:59 15 Sep 2003

Ok guys this is my second visit here since the forum started.Ive looked through various bits & bobs ..Thanks FE / Taran some of the questions are answered allready..

1st question is .I Hope I can explain this without my usual clarity..LOL.
If your designing a simple page with just a couple of hyperlinks buttons (say for additional info )then a contact link (email address)) How would you work out how much Space Or is it Bandwidth (size of site to Hire)to lease?? and how to you ensure it gets linked to a search engine ..
I Dont have any Web space to try anything on So no Idea of How to publish /upload etc..Other than making a page and sticking it on cd to view ..

Rtus 00:02 16 Sep 2003

Oh by the way Ive search through and made favourites of most of the links suggested in the posts available ,will continue to look at each link providing I can get to the web ,Isp a real pain lately .. Thanks for any input..in advance.......

Forum Editor 07:52 16 Sep 2003

and it obviously is, you would be best advised to use the free server space provided by your ISP. Virtually all of them (ISPs) provide this space, and usually there's far more than you'll need - you can get a very respectable web site inside 5 or 6Mb.

Most 'proper' web hosts provide various packages - the smallest of which always has at least 20 or 30Mb of space, but you will need your own domain name to use this service.

You'll consume virtually no bandwidth, because virtually nobody will be looking at your first site (aside from you, and perhaps us), so that will not be a worry. Bandwidth rises as more and more people visit your site and download pages - even more is consumed by image-rich sites, or those with files for download (PDFs etc.)

The best way to start web designing is.......to start web designing. Dive in and have a go. All of us made a bit of a mess of the first site we designed, but the more you do it the more you learn. Keep it very simple, and you'll be fine. Good luck, and let us have a look at your work when it's online.

Rtus 08:13 16 Sep 2003

that cant be the FE I know ....Or your getting forgetful ..Too much work ..remember SO6.. My ISP does not provide any web space ..Thats why its cheap ..LOL.. Thanks for the guide , Simple its going to be, Very very simple in fact ...thats the aim anyway ..Thanks..China?

wiz33 17:26 16 Sep 2003

click here

Check it as I have few sites there for tottally FREE.

Rtus 18:00 16 Sep 2003

thanks

Forum Editor 23:00 17 Sep 2003

china - takes you back, eh?

wiz33 06:54 18 Sep 2003

Are you the China that I know?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?