Web Cameras

Fairlybadmother 13:09 16 Nov 2007

Ive finally got round to installing a webcam at home overlooking our view click here - but the quality is poor regardless of what I do. I have a logitec pro500 which works really well as a chat/msn camera (kids talking to their granny)

However as a scenery cam it leaves alot to be desired. This isnt helped with poor local light some days.

Can anyone suggest a camera that will be upto the job and give a crisper more defined picture.

Technotiger 13:53 16 Nov 2007

A normal mini-dv Camcorder would give a much better picture, and would also be zoom-able.

Something like click here though you could probably find something cheaper on the same/similar lines.

muddypaws 14:16 16 Nov 2007

Fairlybadmother
That isn't your garden on the cam is it??!!

Fairlybadmother 19:09 16 Nov 2007

Thanks technotiger Ill have a look at those,I wasnt aware I could use one as a link

Muddy paws yes tis the front garden just a few yards from the beach

Technotiger 19:16 16 Nov 2007

I sometimes use my Sony camcorder, as shown in my link, as a webcam in Skype, just for fun, though I do have a normal dedicated webcam too.

woodchip 19:25 16 Nov 2007

Maplins have one that wil do the job this month it's a 8 in 1 camara click here

I got one early this year

woodchip 19:26 16 Nov 2007

The above is £99.99 saving £50 on the Maplin price

Technotiger 19:31 16 Nov 2007

Hi, can your camera, as per your link, be run from the Mains electric power? 'Cos I would think that Fairlybadmother would probably want to have it running continuously, or at least for longer than a small battery would last.

Fairlybadmother 19:34 16 Nov 2007

Oh yes thats a good point it needs to be run continuosly - eventually its going to be on part of a dedicated site for the area (when we get our keesters into gear)

woodchip 19:39 16 Nov 2007

Yes via the Mains adapter, It also works on two types of battery AA recharge or Li-on

Technotiger 21:24 16 Nov 2007

Grreat, looks like that is that one sorted then!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?