Web builder virgin......and a bit thick....I think

tlr 22:45 29 May 2005

I have just registered a domain and obtained webspace, I then used the PC Advisor coverdisk with Net Objects to build my site, I have now done this but now I need to know how to get it from my PC to the server for all and sundry to see

Can anyone help with this

Many thanks
Dave

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:22 29 May 2005

'Publish site' in NOF and when the box pops up to publish locally, click on 'new profile' or 'remote publish' (I cant remember the exact phrase at the moment) then enter all your site details into the boxes (passwords etc), and click 'publish'.

Sorry if this is a bit hasty. If you dont get another reply I'll check it out properly later.

Forum Editor 23:22 29 May 2005

is called 'publishing', and you'll see how to do this if you select 'publish' from the toolbar. You must enter the details of your server account in the publish wizard - the address of your site, your username and password. NOF will do the rest.

This is called a remote publish. A local publish is when you save the site to your hard drive. NOF saves sites in a special folder in Program files, and when you publish to the remote server it is these files that are transferred - the originals stay on your hard drive, so you have a mirror of the server site on your computer.

tlr 23:27 29 May 2005

I will try it and report back

Thanks for now

Dave

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:28 29 May 2005

:)

tlr 23:25 26 Jun 2005

Got the info from my hosting company and its out there click here
Thanks for looking
Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?