Ho Hum...since i changed isp to Bethere the wifes vista laptop has suffered from a freezing problem which my isp insists is nothing to do with them. while browsing with either ff or ie or chrome (all browsers are affected)after a seemingly ramdon time period no web pages will load,the bottom of the screen says "web page found" but the page wont fully load. The funny thing is that the Be home page will load but nothing else.I have changed to using opendns servers which makes no difference. I aint sure whether or not this is a vista problem as i dont get this happening on the other laptop running xp. The vista laptop is fully up to date and is running avast and zonealarm free .I use spyware blaster and a2 free and the machine is regulary checked for nasties. I think that this is a common problem but i cant find any solutions that work for me so hopefully someone here may be able to shed some light on this problem.
but if you have Vista and try to update to 8 via the interface it tells you that there is no update available, presumably because they are still fixing the bug that caused browsers to freeze and slow closedown.