web

Roy* 12:59 16 Sep 2011

birdface 13:20 16 Sep 2011

And.

Graphicool1 13:21 16 Sep 2011

Can I join in, is it word association? If so...

Spider

Roy* 13:22 16 Sep 2011

Sorry guys being a Muppet, couldn't see what I typing and now can't work out how to edit this, the forum’s changed since I last used it. Anyway title should be webcam resolution. I got new webcam ‘Microsoft Lifecam Cinema HD’ but I can only use it a low resolution setting, it has a yellow warning triangle against the higher settings so I’m guessing desktop PC is not up to spec? It has 2Gb RAM but maybe the processor not up to scratch (OS=XP)? The camera spec says the following: Intel Dual-Core 1.6 GHz or higher and 1 GB of RAM (recommended: Intel Dual-Core 3.0 GHz or higher and 2 GB of RAM)

What’s the best way to find out what I need to upgrade to improve it?

Graphicool1 13:48 16 Sep 2011

Not wishing to be rude, but don't you think that perhaps it would have been a good idea to check the spec (specifications) before you purchased.

Other than the RAM you haven't told us anything about your laptop. But as that is more than the requirements, it would seem that it would be a single core CPU and maybe the GHz, that are not to spec? If this is the case, then my suggestion would seem a bit extreme...perhaps a new PC is the order of the day? Failing that, see if they'll give you your money back.

Roy* 17:18 16 Sep 2011

No not rude I thought mainly RAM would be key, it's not a Laptop but desktop PC with Processor x86 Family 15 Model 12 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2200 Mhz which is old so guess it's that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?