Weak Signal on D-Link Wireless Router

rps1106 18:55 09 Jan 2005

I have had the above router for a couple of months. All works ok except that when I use the wireless part I keep getting a weak signal even 6 feet away in the same room. If I just turn my laptop away slightly, even that signal will go.

I have sent the router back and had a relacement sent and I have also replaced the wireless PCMIA card on the Laptop. This card as was the previous one is a Xterasys card.

When I look at help sights they all say about puting the modem up high and not block the signal, but I can't even get a good signal in the same room and nothing between.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robin

bremner 19:19 09 Jan 2005

Susceptible to interference, in particular by, mobile telephones, cordless phones and microwave ovens. Do you have any of these things close by to the router.

rps1106 19:30 09 Jan 2005

I have a cordless phone the other side of the room. However, even if this is turned off the problem is the same. If I try to go in another room the signal goes virtually immediately. Something I forgot to mention, the software that comes with the PCMIA card, the signal strength shows good at 65% whereby in Windows XP the signal poor and drops. Both these are in operation at the same time. Some time ago, everything worked fine. I made no alterations and added nothing but for some reason the signal became poor.

Thanks

Robin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?