wcpm.eso

jrb1946 11:05 23 Jul 2010

On logging into my account in windows XP sp3 I am getting an error message which says that it can't handle wcpm.eso
I have done an internet search which suggests it's malware and must be destroyed - by the website's software - so I have avoided that. Malwarebytes has not touched it.
I have searched PCadvisor forums and there is no reference to it.
I have seached the registry and found three entries which I modified by removing the value wcpm.eso which was present. On rebooting all the icons and the task bar had disappeared! So I had to re-install the back up of the registry I had (thankfully) made. Which put the icons (shortcuts) back and the task bar.

Does anyone know anything about wcpm.eso which would help me determine a suitable course of action for wcpm.eso?
John

Sea Urchin 11:36 23 Jul 2010

This a comparatively recent Trojan - try downloading and running Trojan Remover - it has a 30 day trial period and is fully workable during that time. click here

You can download it from here:

click here

MAT ALAN 11:39 23 Jul 2010

click here
click here

might help...

Sea Urchin 11:42 23 Jul 2010

Your first link is shown with a red warning by WOT and is also blocked by Malwarebytes Pro.

MAT ALAN 14:27 23 Jul 2010

first link opens fine for me and i'm at work and if itcan get through the restrictions we have in place i would not consider it to be a threat...

onthelimit 15:13 23 Jul 2010

Ok for me.

tullie 19:57 23 Jul 2010

WOT doesent like it here

johnnyrocker 20:00 23 Jul 2010

ok here IE8 XPpro SP3

johnny

northumbria61 21:50 23 Jul 2010

Mat Alan - Sea Urchin - A RED warning for me also on first link.

MAT ALAN 22:39 23 Jul 2010

OH WELL what can i say..... ya win some, ya loose some....

I have just clicked the link and it takes me straight in, there are no adverse effects from this site and if my works PC can get to it i would consider it as safe as any other normal website.
It is a shame that the site does not really offer a lot of info but as the person who has the infection has not tried the site i don't suppose it matters much...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?