Wbsite throws me out

EFC1878 21:12 13 Jan 2008

Can anybody help me with a strange issue.

I have been trying to join Quidco.com and every time I click on 'join us' I have thrown off the net.

Using a differnet pc I managed to register and a verification e-mail was snet to me home pc account.

When I tried followed the link I got an Internet Explorer error message and could not access the site.

Also when I have input my user name and password I am again thrown off the web.

Any ideas what might be happening?

I have done a full virus check [using AVG] and no threats were identified

brundle 21:14 13 Jan 2008

Possibly Javascript problem, reinstall; click here

EFC1878 19:05 15 Jan 2008

brundle.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortuantely I have downloaded the software as suggested as still the site throws whenever I try to join or login.

This is really frustrating as I want to use the site to buy things.

Anymore advice?

EFC1878 21:46 15 Jan 2008

As this is a site that is a tracking site could it be anything to do with cookie and cookie control?

skidzy 21:57 15 Jan 2008

Try in Firefox click here

Something you can try;

In IE Tools / Internet Options / Security / Trusted Sites / sites / and add click here and / close and ok. Now restart IE....does this help ?

birdface 22:07 15 Jan 2008

Might be a Firewall problem .What Firewall do you use and have you got it configured for that site.

birdface 22:09 15 Jan 2008

Try with your Firewall switched off and see if you can get into the site..It could also be one of your add-ons stopping it.You could try turning your add-ons off one at a time to see if you can find the culprit.

EFC1878 22:15 15 Jan 2008

Skidzy - Tried that but it would not allow me to add the quidco address as it had a prefix http:// and required https://

buteman - I run PC Tools Firewall Plus. I don't see Quidco liste din the allowed/blocked applications

EFC1878 22:18 15 Jan 2008

Buteman - I tried with the firewall turned off [thoguh not the windows one] and no change

How do I find out what add-ons I have running?

skidzy 22:28 15 Jan 2008

In IE reset web settings,

Tools / Internet Options / Advanced / Reset web settings..........you will lose any addons.

EFC1878 22:33 15 Jan 2008

Before I do that what are add-ons? What do they do and how do I add them or even know what I have got?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?