Way to bypass Firewall.

zachrb 14:06 12 Sep 2008

Hello, I live in a college dormroom and our network blocks the access of certain ports and I was wondering if there was a way to bypass this.
----------------------------------
From the Game Support Site:

Thank you for your reply. Please contact the campus I.T. Department in regards to Encrypted UDP Packets and whether
or not connections using these are being allowed at all. If they are blocking torrent/file-sharing applications
unfortunately this will also prevent the game from connecting as well as it shares the same connection method as
many of these programs.

Alternately it may be the DSL modem that is blocking the connection, you may need to inquire if the modem can be
configured to forward ports 9000 to 9013 on UDP (or alternately be configured to use "Port Triggering" -which opens
those ports when requests come in or out of it using those ports).

Unfortunately if the campus is preventing or using traffic management of Encrypted UDP Packets or the modem cannot
forward/trigger UDP packets on ports 9000 to 9013 you may unfortunately be unable to connect at that location or
using that modem as there is not, from a technical support standpoint, any configuration change we could have you
make that will enable the connection.

-----------------------------------
from Campus IT

This is a known issue with Lord of the Rings On-line. It has to do with how they do they do the server transitions (when you got from one area to another). Unfortunately we do not have a fix at this time, if you play WoW however we understand that it does not have any issues on the network.

-------------------------------------
So would port triggering work or port forwarding?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Software for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?