wav to mp3 conversion

toooldforthis 12:44 09 Jul 2008

Hello, I'm very new (well I'm not new 65years old)to all this hi tech stuff, and surprise surprise I'm looking for some help.
Can you help me in converting wav audio files to mp3 files so that I can use them in my slideshow.would appreciate an idiot's guide as your suggestion. (Bye the way the slideshow is looking quite good - not brilliant but quite good)
regards
toooldforthis

chub_tor 16:22 09 Jul 2008

Here's one freeware suggestion. click here

toooldforthis 10:58 10 Jul 2008

Thanks chub_tor, I'll download it and post how I get on.

esbe 14:56 10 Jul 2008

Another couple of freebies

Audacity 1.26

click here

Audiograbber 1.83

click here

You may also have to D/l the 'LAME' mp3 converter -links & instructions in both progs.

Have fun

toooldforthis 10:12 11 Jul 2008

Thanks esbe for your suggestion,I'm still working on chub_tor's suggestion,depending on the result I'll have a go at what you've suggested.
It's nice this,use to be stunbling about in the dark,its good when people try to help. Thanks
toooldforthis

DippyGirl 15:19 11 Jul 2008

Audacity is a great piece of software - no PC should be without it.
May also want to take a look at WM Converter - will do video and audio lots of formats click here

woodchip 22:16 11 Jul 2008

I tried Audacity to do the same other day, Sound sounded like Donald Duck, This is what some one suggested to me click here

By the way I am 72 so h'm not new either

toooldforthis 08:45 13 Jul 2008

Thanks guys (and) girl for all your suggestions,I now got the problem resolved, again thanks for all your help. great site this, like Fu Manchu once said in one of his movies..."The world will hear from me again" No doubts i'll be back looking for more help.
regards
toooldforthis

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone