WAV to MP3

Dobie 21:53 11 Feb 2003

Hi

Could anyone tell me the easiest way to convert a wav file to an mp3. I want to copy my cd's onto my pda device

Linda

powerless 21:57 11 Feb 2003
  pj123 22:32 11 Feb 2003

Are you sure? CDs are not .wav files they are .cda files. you would need to record them to your hard disk first and then convert them to .mp3 files. The programme I use is from WIS Technology Inc. I don't know where i got it from as I have had it for years but it was free. try a search, I have it as Music Converter but the .exe file is called WISmp3.exe

SteevScotland 01:57 12 Feb 2003

what version of windows do u have?

XP can do this using media player.

If not Xp then try out audio catalyst. (sorry dont have a link)

Cheers S

kuhbler 02:23 12 Feb 2003
  leo49 10:08 12 Feb 2003

I'm afraid your post at 22.32 is incorrect.

From the CDR FAQ

"Actually, .CDA files aren't really files at all. Windows shows the tracks on an audio CD as ".CDA" files for convenience. For example, you can create a file association for ".CDA" and invoke an audio CD player when you double-click on a track.

The tracks themselves are in a format almost identical to a common WAV or AIFF file."

click here

Moreover any half-decent music file converter,let alone a good one like dbpoweramp rips CD's directly to Mp3 in seconds.

pj123 12:08 12 Feb 2003

Sorry Dobie. Leo49 has put me right. I hadn't gone that deep into it.

to leo49. thanks for that I didn't know. I will try it myself, cos I might just want to do the same thing as Dobie.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?