Watermark Query

carper 14:54 09 Mar 2011

My computer is around 7years old and part of the original programming was for Works word. I haven't used it for may years using office 2000 instead.
I now wish to use an old function which was available. That function wad to superimpose a watermark on top of a document such as confidential, duplicate, file etc. from a set of included files or even write your own. I have recently tried use a watermark but the only ones available are from My Pictures file.
I would appreciate any help on this. I know I could type it and then scan the image to use but I would prefer to get back to the original. Regards Carper

BT 16:55 09 Mar 2011

In Works Word processor only Picture watermarks are available
In MS Word you can use pictures or text as above

carper 11:12 10 Mar 2011

Thanks for your replies, but sorry, neither of them seems to work. The version of office I am using is 2000, and when I click on Background, all I get is a colour and pattern option but no text.
Thanks again Carper

Nontek 11:25 10 Mar 2011
  Nontek 11:29 10 Mar 2011

Further to above ...

click here

Sea Urchin 12:36 10 Mar 2011

The Format/Background menu in Word 2000 doesn't contain Watermarks - this shows you three methods of achieving what you want

click here

Nontek 12:55 10 Mar 2011

Hmm yes, my screenshots are from Word 2002 ...

carper 09:51 16 Mar 2011

Hi sorry for the delay in responding but I have now found that my easiest way of doing it is to type my watermarks, scan them and put them on Picasso.
With that I can alter size,rotate and alter density as required. Thanks for your interest Regards Carper.

AroundAgain 20:37 16 Mar 2011

Another, easy, way to use is to go into 'headers/footers' and create what you want across your page. You are not limited to the 'normal' header space. Take up what space you need

It will print in a 'grey-ish' shade. It might do just what you need. I'm sure I've done that in the past

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?