Watching PC Videos on TV

paulw1974 15:32 23 Jun 2007

I'm looking for a bit of advice. Is is it possible to watch files from my PC on a normal TV. I have got a Wireless signal sender so that I can watch satellite on another TV so was wondering if there is something like a USB to SCART cable so that I could connect the SCART on the sender to my PC via a USB port.

Cheers,

Paul

Andy1991 16:43 23 Jun 2007

No, it is not possible for u to interact a PC with a TV. The PC would not recognise it with out the right software which i don't think exists, and the TV would have no idea what it is with no salvation possibilities. The only way i know a TV can interact with a PC is as Acting as a monitor.
Scarts i think are also only designed for audio and visual signals, not files.
The best todo is burn the media to CD or DVD and play them on a DVD Player.

ambra4 17:05 23 Jun 2007

You don't have to watch downloaded video only on your computer screen
Hook up your computer to a television to watch video on your hard drive with the big-screen effect.
All you need to do so is a TV out port on your computer and the right cable. Check out the back of your PC or the sides of your laptop for an S-Video port, (If you don't have one, video cards with S-Video ports are available) then, check your TV's inputs. Many TVs have S-Video ports in so you'll need an S-Video-to-S-Video cable. If not, an S-Video to RCA cable will work. Connect the computer to the television while the computer off and the TV's on.
Then turn on the computer to give your machine the chance to detect it has an external display available.

Stuartli 17:17 23 Jun 2007

Many people use a TV set as a monitor.

ambra4 17:57 23 Jun 2007

For the audio your TV must also have a audio IN connection

You will need a special cable a 3.5 mini jack to the type of audio IN plugs on TV

Or you can use the speakers that you use on your PC

baldtaco 21:36 23 Jun 2007

paulw1974, hola

When I do it I use S-Video out from the graphics to a SCART thing. That same thing takes an audio feed and winds that in too if I wanted. This runs over 5m of cable terminated at each end with S-video.

This is the offending device: click here

johnnyrocker 23:10 23 Jun 2007

or you could connect baldtaco's excellent suggestion via your vcr/dvd scart input and record as well.

johnny.

ashdav 01:37 24 Jun 2007

It depends on your graphics card.
Many have a tv output which will need to be connected to the video input on your tv. You will also need an audio input to the tv from your sound card.
All this needs direct connection to the tv. I'm not familiar with a wireless sender that will do this but it no doubt exists (Windows Media Centre ?)

ambra4 01:58 24 Jun 2007

* A scart adapter for converting a scart connector to 3 x phono (video + audio left & right) & s-video.

* The signal direction is set by an In/Out switch.

* All contacts are gold plated.

click here

Stuartli 10:43 24 Jun 2007

Your local discount store will almost certainly have a PC/DVD to TV pack containing a number of appropriate leads and adapters for around a fiver.

Use one of these to find the most suitable combination (i.e. the best display and sound) and then buy a decent quality version of the particular lead(s).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?