watch tv online in corner of screen

amosoreilly 14:27 12 Nov 2009

i have a vista laptop and want to be able to watch tv online in the corner of the screen, is this possible and how do i do it, with thanks.

Pamy 14:30 12 Nov 2009

yes if you have the necessary video card and software

amosoreilly 14:53 12 Nov 2009

i am able to watch tv on my laptop through tvcatchup website but am wanting to watch it in the corner of the screen so i can continue working on laptop. i am running vista and video card is NVIDIA geforce 9300M G.

Pamy 15:02 12 Nov 2009

If your video/graphics card does not have a TV tuner built in then you cannot do what you want. You can however buy a DVT USB tuner that plugs into a USB socket on your computer that will do what you want

dagbladet 15:16 12 Nov 2009

If I understand correctly the issue is not of recieving the programmes but more of the positioning.

I am not familiar with the website that you are using, but I have found in the past that many of the streaming sites have the ability to watch in a 'pop out' player. There is often a button on the lower right hand side of the viewing screen adjacent to the volume and full screen button. If you can 'pop out' the media player, you can position it on your screen.

Pamy 15:48 12 Nov 2009

Ok, click here click here

woodchip 15:51 12 Nov 2009

hen you start TV you should be able to size the screen and drag it to where you want on the desktop, also in the software you should also select always on top

woodchip 15:52 12 Nov 2009

when not hen. its my laptop keyboard that misses letters sometimes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires