Watch pc on television what cables do i need?

  Internetwhizzkid 22:17 08 Jun 2007


I have a lot of multimedia on my laptop, now what I want to be able to do is play the multimedia off the computer onto the television screen a bit like a projector. The only problem is I do not have any idea what sort of cables that I need.

All that I know is that the television has those red yellow and white connections is that what I need?

Any help on what i need will be great

Even better some links to purchase some will be fantastic.

By the way are they cheap


  Starfox 22:24 08 Jun 2007

Assuming you have Windows media Centre edition click here

More info at click here

  johnnyrocker 23:06 08 Jun 2007

first off you will need a graphics card with tv out, can you supply a bit more info re what you have on board?


  Internetwhizzkid 23:12 08 Jun 2007

i have s video out 256mb graphics

  johnnyrocker 23:23 08 Jun 2007

ok so you need to click here and check cables/scart adapters you will also need a seperate audio feed, there are scart adapters which have audio in plus svs or rgb which you have said click here


  Stuartli 00:19 09 Jun 2007

The TV would appear to have RCA connectors (yellow is video and the red and white the audio feeds), which each have a surround around the plugs.

Your laptop could have the 3.5mm jack plugs equivalents, so you would need a lead that has these at one end and the RCA connectors at the other end.

You could also use the correct type of connectors to your laptop linked to a Scart output for the TV, but you need to check that this type of lead is either both way or the feed is to the TV's Scart socket.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?