watch home hub traffic

gourdis 19:21 07 Mar 2007

I've installed bt home hub, my main pc is connected via ethernet, and the kids is wireless, is there software available where i can check to see what thev've been up to. Using the bt yahoo stuff can be a bit of a pain.

thanks

woodchip 19:45 07 Mar 2007

If you cannot trust them, I would suggest you put there computer where you can keep a check on it, and them

Kate B 19:48 07 Mar 2007

If you're using Vista you can set up pretty draconian parental controls. You can determine the hours they use the machine, the programs they can run and the sites they can visit. And you can set it to create a log so that you can see exactly what they've been up to.

I'd suggest at the very least setting up limited accounts for them and installing something like Net Nanny.

gourdis 19:16 08 Mar 2007

thanks for the input,
woodchip, may i just say, its not a question of trusting them, its purely keeping an eye on where they are going and what they are uploading that i would like the ability to check. After all you can't watch there everymove all the time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?