Was this just an glitch

Coffee Adict 07:56 10 Feb 2008

Just brought laptop out of hibernation, and after everything came back a small message box came up saying "There is a conflict with another IP address on the network" now I think I understand what was meant, except I'm not on a network, i.e one laptop and one modem that is not wireless. I know my IP address is dynamic, but at the time the message came up I hadn't gone on line.

Gongoozler 10:10 10 Feb 2008

This is probably just a glitch - it often happens with Windows, but try this. Start - Run. Type in the word command to open a Command Prompt window. Type into this window ipconfig /all (note the space between ipconfig and /all). You will then get a full ip configuration listing.

Coffee Adict 12:40 10 Feb 2008

Thanks for that, everything seems ok, and common sense told me nothing should have been interferring, but I had not had that message before. The Lappy is wireless enabled but you have to physical flip a switch before it comes on, put it down to a paranoid moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?