Warnings while viewing PCA Forum

SB23 11:54 29 Oct 2006

This has started this morning, but while I'm trying to look at the forum, I'm getting warnings.
All I'm getting is, "This page provides potentially unsafe information to an Active X control". It goes on to say that my current settings prohibit running controls in this manner, and that the page may not display correctly.

The thing is I've not adjusted anything, it all seems to be as it was, so can someone explain what I need to do to get it the way it was, please.

Steve

Audeal 12:00 29 Oct 2006

Try system Restore

birdface 12:08 29 Oct 2006

If you have had no problems viewing this page before, I wold run my Virus Protection programs, Just to be in the safe side,Have you downloaded anything lately that may have caused this to show.Advanced Windows Care Ect, Gives me a few problems,

SB23 12:12 29 Oct 2006

Not really, Advanced Windows Care has been on my pc for months with no problems, browsed the internet yesterday but system behaved itself all day long.

I don't understand why it just seems to be this site?

birdface 14:59 29 Oct 2006

I had problems getting on to this site the other day,Did not matter what method I used it just would not let me in, Messed about with the cookies, And got it running again,Dont know whether to blame IE7 or not, But a lot of folk having a lot of problems lately,

SB23 15:10 29 Oct 2006

I've just had another look at the settings, reset to default, and am no longer getting the messages, although I did try that first thing, but it didn't work. Why it does now beats me!

Forum Editor 15:15 29 Oct 2006

a few days ago, and that caused problems, but apart from that I've had no reports of anyone having difficulties with the site. We certainly haven't altered anything at all.

Forum Editor 15:15 29 Oct 2006

a few days ago, and that caused problems, but apart from that I've had no reports of anyone having difficulties with the site. We certainly haven't altered anything at all.

SB23 16:29 29 Oct 2006

Thanks FE, its good to know that it wasn't my pc that was at fault a few days ago, because I gave up in the end.

Todays problem seems to have sorted itself with the settings reset.
As always, thanks to all.

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?