Warning! Your're in Danger

agwife 05:09 19 May 2009

Please help. My computer has a black screen and says:

Warning! Your're in Danger! Your Computer is infected with spyaware! All you do with computer is stored forever in your hard disk. When you visit sites, send emails... All your actions are logged and it is impossible to remove them with standard tools. Your Data is still available for forensics. and in some cases For your booss, your friends, your wife, your children. ETC>

I also keep getting this system security pop up that says it is scanning and keeps asking me to update.

I was told to boot in SAFE MODE with networking and download SPYBOT and ADAWARE. I was able to get SPYBOT but it won't run in SAFE MODE and nothing will run in normal mode because it says that the .exe file is infected. Can someone please help?

nufc2009 07:10 19 May 2009

my suggestion, boot into safe mode, back up all yours files and documents - format the whole thing and reinstall your OS.

Once you re-install windows use a program like avast! and occasionally use a sypware detect tool if you are worried of future malware and crap.

rawprawn 07:33 19 May 2009

Download MalwareBytes and udate it. Copy it onto a Pen Drive and boot in Safe mode then run Malwarebytes from the USB
Download click here

Kevscar1 07:41 19 May 2009

Don't use ADAWARE. it's almost imposible to uninstall.
Tried everything and it wouldn't let me. Eventually had to go into to folder and change permissions one by one deleting each one seperatley. Still 2 that would not delete so had to rename them, drag them onto my desktop, delete the folder then delete the last 2.

agwife 16:32 19 May 2009

rawprawn

I just need to clarify. When I click on download for Malwarbytes, I click save and save it to the USB? Correct? If not where do I save it and how do I copy it to the USB to run it?

rawprawn 17:18 19 May 2009

Hi, yes save it to your pen drive.When it says "Save" or "Run" Browse your computer and save it to your pen drive.
If you put the pen drive in a USB and boot in safe mode I think you should be able to run it from there.

rawprawn 17:37 19 May 2009

You haven't said if you are using Vista or XP, can you tell us please.
Also you could simply see if MalwareBytes will download using Safe mode with Networking.Then try running that.

richie1913 18:20 19 May 2009

Rename Malwarebytes.exe to something else to see If It will run that way,worked for me when i was in the same boat,amazing program.

mfletch 18:23 19 May 2009

Yes as above rename Malwarebytes before you download it call it rabbits foot.exe then install and do a quick scan in normal mode

agwife 19:57 19 May 2009

I am running XP.

I don't know if renaming it will do any good because anytime I try to run any .exe files it says that they are infected.

I will try though.

rawprawn 20:31 19 May 2009

if all else fails do a Repair installation
click here
Make notes and follow the instructions carefully, you will not lose data, but you will have to update

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?