Warning when using Outlook.

Border Collie 00:15 11 Apr 2005

When opening Outlook to check e-mails I get a message saying - a program is trying to access your e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? Yes or No.

If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose no, which I do, but I keep getting it.

I've done a virus check with Avast, AVG and on-line at Trend, Norton and McAfee, all show OK.

Has anyone any suggestions please? Thanks. BC

AndySD 01:08 11 Apr 2005

Try running TDS-3 click here for a free 30 day trial and see if it finds anything, it takes ages to scan your pc but its very thorough.

Border Collie 02:07 11 Apr 2005

Thanks for that AndySD, I've just downloaded, installed and about to run it. As it takes a long time I'll leave it doing it's stuff overnight. I'll let you know how I get on.

BC

Yoda Knight 09:11 11 Apr 2005

you can also try these 2:

click here

or

click here

Border Collie 09:54 11 Apr 2005

Did the full scan with TDS-3 AndySD but it never found anything.

Thanks Yoda Knight, I'll give them a try.

Border Collie 09:58 11 Apr 2005

Whoops, I should have checked the links first. I've been down that route. I had another thread going click here
which I thought was related.

Border Collie 15:57 11 Apr 2005

Decided I will give Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox a try. No warnings coming up so it must be something to do with Outlook.

rawprawn 17:27 11 Apr 2005

If you have no viruses or spyware, the program trying to access Outlook could be your address book. I think after what you have tried I would be inclined to click Yes, but make a restore point before you do, and then scan again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?