Warning Not Genuine Windows XP

jimmyflood 08:39 31 May 2006

This Morning, I Received A Warning, Saying That I Had Recently Run A Windows Update And It Had Been Noted That I Was Not Running A Genuine Copy Of Windows XP.My Copy Of XP Was Pre-Installed On My Sony Vaio, Which I Have Had For 3 Years. I Regularly Run Windows Update And Have Always Had My DownLoads Authenticated By Windows Genuine Authentication Tool.Does Anyone Know If This Is A Hoax Going About. There Was No Link To Another Site. All It Said Was That I Would Have One Chance To Rectify The Issue.

961 08:53 31 May 2006

Well, the same thing happened to me at the weekend while loading a security update for .net from the Microsoft update site

I know the copy of Windows on the computer I was working with is genuine but nevertheless after loading the security update and re-booting I got a message on the log on window that the copy of xp was not genuine

I went to the Microsoft validation site where you can check that your copy is genuine. The site confirmed it was, and I have had no trouble since

jolorna 08:55 31 May 2006

there was a ms validation update yesterday KB905474 so it isn't a hoax you might have to get in touch with ms and explain it

jimmyflood 09:00 31 May 2006

Thank You 961 & Jolorna, Sleep Better Tonight.

The Spires 09:08 31 May 2006

click here shows the Microsoft illegal software popup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?