Warcraft 3 Install Issue

NChick 13:46 12 Aug 2007

Hi there all. I've a little (well, big) prob with warcraft3.
I've got some HD space issues and once (temporarily) MOVEd the entire war3 install to another HD. It's now back in its original position, but patches no longer install.
What I need to do is uninstall it and reinstall it (I've tried the RegEdit fix featured on Blizzard's website), but there's no uninstall link in my Start Menu group and it's not listed in Windows' Add/Remove programs.
The AutoRun that's triggered by the CD features an install option, not a play or remove option. I don't want to just delete the directory, so any ideas?

NChick 14:13 12 Aug 2007

No uninstall file - perhaps a little more info...

I have two HDs, C and F. C is the Windows drive (40gb), and F is an additional drive for less demanding games (6gb!). Wanting to install DS2, I had to temporarily make some space, so I moved War3 from its place in C:\Games to F:\Games. Now DS2 is all happy and settled, War3 was moved back into its original directory.
As for the missing uninstall, I probably accidentally deleted it while I was doing a PC spring-clean some time ago. Doh! Is there a generic Windows uninstaller I can use, by telling it "Uninstall Warcraft3, please?!"

Thanks in advance

NChick 14:03 19 Aug 2007

I'll give that a go as soon as possible - my CD is now refusing to run the installer <screams> but it's quite happy to play the game <screams again>.

NChick 14:36 26 Aug 2007

Hi again to all. I had my CD restored and have installed to a fresh directory. Can I just delete the old directory via windows (I've already saved my save games, maps, etc).

NChick 16:43 16 Feb 2009

Well, thanks to an uninstall/reinstall and Frozen Throne, all appears to be well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?