warbling sound

chippy+ 10:57 13 Feb 2010

hi one of my older pc's sound seams to make a warbling sound (sorry only way i can discribe it)the pc is a dell dimension 2400 would a seperate sound card be better thanks Chippy

howard64 12:55 13 Feb 2010

try right clicking on my computer then hardware - device manager and click on the plus sign for the sounds and uninstall the sound device. Restart the pc and with luck it will be reinstalled and all will be well. If this does not work you will need to identify the sound system and go to the motherboard makers site and download the drivers for it. If you have the motherboards original cd you could see if reinstalling the sound driver does the trick.

howard64 12:55 13 Feb 2010

try right clicking on my computer then hardware - device manager and click on the plus sign for the sounds and uninstall the sound device. Restart the pc and with luck it will be reinstalled and all will be well. If this does not work you will need to identify the sound system and go to the motherboard makers site and download the drivers for it. If you have the motherboards original cd you could see if reinstalling the sound driver does the trick.

chippy+ 09:41 14 Feb 2010

hi howard6 sorry about time getting back to you updated drivers from dell just the same checked nonitor with other pc its ok think i'll try seperate sound card thanks Chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?