Wanted Spellchecker for Firefox

spuds 17:07 12 Aug 2007

Do you have a download link for a spellchecker for Firefox, and would you care to share!.

Would mention that I have been trying to download and install SpellBound, but I keep getting an error message saying that it cannot install to the latest version of Firefox.

€dstowe 17:10 12 Aug 2007

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> General

hssutton 17:11 12 Aug 2007

In Firefox, go to "Tools" then "Add-Ons">>"Find Updates" there you should find the spell checker

octal 17:12 12 Aug 2007

You shouldn't need spellbound on the new version of Firefox. Try right clicking the field you want to spellcheck and select languages and add dictionary then you can add the English British dictionary from there.

DieSse 17:42 12 Aug 2007

Yup - Octal is correct - it's already in version2 and up - and works just fine on any text you enter.

spuds 00:05 13 Aug 2007

Thanks everyone, I have found the spell checker, but doe's it have an automatic word correction procedure like IESpell, that I have missed?.

octal 08:32 13 Aug 2007

No it doesn't, but it puts a red squiggly line under the misspelt word and if you right click it will give you a list of words to choose from to replace it, it just a different way of working.

spuds 17:21 13 Aug 2007

All working okay.Thanks again everyone. Will tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?