Want some backround music for site?

Proxy Worm 20:03 25 Dec 2003

I am making my first ever site and i want some backround music, i was wandering is anyone knew where i could get some background music?

matt45 20:37 25 Dec 2003

You need to make sure you use small files for background music to ensure quick loading times so MIDI files are ideal. A good site for these is below:

click here

Patr100 22:47 25 Dec 2003

This is the bit where I come in and say how intensely I dislike background musak on websites. My No. 1 irritant. I know it might seem like a fun thing to do but along with visible counters it broadcasts ultimate "naffness".

Sorry but I don't think I am the only one.

Proxy Worm 10:55 26 Dec 2003

Thanks

Sheila-214876 11:09 26 Dec 2003

Patr100, no you're not the only one. I agree with you. I maintain 9 commercial websites and none of them have background music, and only one of them insisted on a "hit counter". If you want to listen to music whilst surfing put a CD in, at least it's your choice of music and not what someone else thinks you want to listen to.

Proxy Worm 11:54 26 Dec 2003

OK,OK,OK- i 'll forget the music!

anchor 17:05 28 Dec 2003

In my opinion it very much depends on the nature of the site.

I have a personal web site with some moving panorama pictures of various locations on Crete. I consider that some Greek background music is quite appropriate.

It might annoy some, but from feedback I have received, many others like it. If you decide to reconsider, here is a good midi source site:

click here

tomleady 19:55 28 Dec 2003

dont ever have music.

ever

Gaz 25 16:02 29 Dec 2003

Gigabyte has gone and done it....

Music on the website: click here

LOL LOL LOL!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?