Want to format HDD, on Shut down to MS Dos.'prompt

Giggle n' Bits 00:03 07 Jan 2003
  Giggle n' Bits 00:03 07 Jan 2003

I recieve a warning in a big box above the C:/WINDOWS>_

This is relating the Onboard Sound chip called a ESS Solo.com The warning message reads as follows, but I don't know if its anything I need to worry about.:-

Warning! etc....
Plug N'Play O/s is selceted in the BIOS Setup, which means your sound card is to be configured by windows. If you want to run games in real mode dos, please run windows first, then exit to dos to run games. Warning!

Yes I will be playing games at some stage but is this going to cause any problems if I proceed with a full foramat like the Format c:/s
to format the O/s which is Win98Se.

I will on closing down to proceed with format be upgrading to a new AGP VGA 64MB DDR card to clean old VGA Driver away and make way for new VGA card.

Mainly the warning about the Soundcard which is a motherobard chip set built in, is my main worry.

Help please.

BRYNIT 00:25 07 Jan 2003

You should have a CD disk with all the MBoard drivers on and a readme file. After you have fomated your HD and loaded windows you will need to load these driver for your sound card.
? why are you formating your HD when it seems your only replacing you video card.

Giggle n' Bits 02:14 07 Jan 2003

doggy things on it like games, xxx, shareware things etc. Its a total mess. .

I have no M/board Driver disk, I do know where the M/baord Maufac site and Drivers are loacted.

So as long as I install the Sound driver from M/board Drivers downloads for this onboard chip thats all I need to do.

I know the Chipset is a VIA Appllo, So do I use the VIA 4 in 1 drivers or are the via appollo drivers different .

Its a Biostar M6VBE & on M/baord its got a small "-A after Model No.

Thanks for the above help. Seems the Sound card problem & question is sorted just the Via Chipset.
OEM machines for you.

Ghost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017