want to create a website??

ShorN 00:33 03 Apr 2003

hi all ,

I want to create a website! Here is what i want.

A welcome home page which links to a couple of other pages with pics etc. I also want people to be able to download small 6/7mb zip files from me,(ideally after registering with my site) It would be cool to add a message board or forum aswell.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I should go about starting this or can point me in the right direction I shall be extremely grateful. This uis my first attempt at web design so i need siomething basic!!
Thanks in Advance!!!

tbh72 00:40 03 Apr 2003

Could I ask what the theme will be....!!! & also do you have web editing software available??

Pesala 01:05 03 Apr 2003

click here to see the site for the Gentium font Anyone can download it without registering, but there is a survey that one can fill in.

You will need some webspace. I would recommend avoiding those that use advertising if you can. NTL provide some free webspace.

A forum may be a bit much to manage if you are new to websites. You could post an email address and add a feedback page, which is what I did:

click here

Unless people are using broadband, 6/7 Mbytes is not small. Try to reduce file sizes if you can. Are they pictures, fonts, or music?

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:56 03 Apr 2003

you will have to go a long way to beat 1&1. You can use the forum CGI scripts amongst others. You can also use their web designer.

ShorN 07:42 03 Apr 2003

i have web editing software, dreamweaver flash photoshop freehand etc, so im set to go! I have 250mb of webspace aswell. The theme will be for custom dvd covers and digital art.

« Ravin » 08:20 03 Apr 2003

front page is a good tool to use.. just use it as you would a normal word document add your content insert pics and links and your set to go. imho the best way to learn is to experiment yourself

click here

tbh72 13:26 03 Apr 2003

imho (in my humble opinion) guessing here!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires