Want to convert Word extensions/

  Derek 17:02 28 Jul 2007

I'm throwing out my latest versions of Word/Works and want to go back to my rather old Works ver 4 circa 2000 that has xxx.wps endings.
My old works letter files (xxx.wps)are so easy and uncomplicated and I'm looking for a programme to convert the modern extentions to the old one.

I'm olde fashioned !! Please help.

  howard64 17:05 28 Jul 2007

in most versions of word you can save-as and works is one of the options.

  skidzy 17:43 28 Jul 2007

As Howard says :

When you wish to save the file/document etc select file and save as,this will provide a list of extensions.
Select *wps
For example. click here

  pj123 18:42 28 Jul 2007

You can also save them as .rtf (Rich Text Format) which is a standard format that any wordprocessor can read.

  Derek 07:29 29 Jul 2007

Thanks to Howard, Skidzy and PJ.
I've cracked it.
Thank you again. Derek Miles.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?