want to convert .esq file to midi

L818 13:46 12 Feb 2006

I have a Yamaha qy300, no problem loading in midi files, but when I copy files from the machine they come out as ESQ files. My computer cannot read them. Is there a converter that I can download, so I can read these files to change the notes etc?? Then put back into the drum machine? Needs to convert esq to midi or maybe any other format!!

pj123 14:11 12 Feb 2006

This any good? click here

or: click here

pj123 15:18 12 Feb 2006

Received by email: "I saw that a few days ago, loaded it and tried, but it does not read esq files!!"

Please don't respond by email. Use the thread, that way we can all benefit. Thanks.

Skyver 15:27 12 Feb 2006

It says here (click here) that it can load & save standard midi files...

Skyver 15:29 12 Feb 2006

And here click here

L818 18:05 12 Feb 2006

I can save midi files in machine, that is not the problem. When I copy the file onto a floppy from the QY300, I cannot read it in my PC as it comes out in ESQ format. I want to be able to read it so I can change volumes etc. then load it back into machine.

Skyver 18:23 12 Feb 2006

Sounds like typical Yamaha circa 1990 - I had an SY77 that would only save voice/patch data in specific format, even though the disks were PC format,I don't think that could save sequencer data as an SMF either, even though it would load them fine. I know it needed conversion one way or another. It's not very efficient but can you pipe the QY300's output into a PC sequencer or MIDI program and save the resulting file as an SMF?

L818 19:30 12 Feb 2006

Thanks for that info, but cannot link synth with the pc, my first thought!! Can load midi's in synth, but sadly the return file is esq. Have quite a few files that I cannot find on internet in midi format, hence reason for wanting a convertor to read the esq.files. The link PJ above gave sounds good when you read it, but the program sadly does not recognise esq!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?