Wanadoo Wireless Setup CD

tonyq 13:18 14 Dec 2006

Back in April,I installed Wanadoo (Now Orange) CD for Wireless connection, to there Livebox for my Broadband connection on my son’s laptop (Evesham, with WMC). Everything worked fine. When he was due to go to Uni taking the laptop with him,
I uninstalled the Wanadoo software. Now he is back home I have tried to install the Wanadoo CD again,(tried 2 different cd’s) but I can only get to the first page of the set up,then it will go no further. I have tried setting up with both Firewall (Windows) and the Anti virus uninstalled with the same results. Please can anyone advise me what the problem may be?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:42 14 Dec 2006

Try installing in safe mode.

tonyq 18:54 14 Dec 2006

Fruit Bat,thank you for the reply,I have tried your suggestion but sorry to say that I got the same result.

tonyq 20:05 14 Dec 2006

Don't know if this is of help to anyone in sorting my problem. When I close the Wanadoo CD down after waiting to see if I can install. I get the following error message. .click here

Zak 21:28 14 Dec 2006

Enter following in IE URL Address bar:

click here

Log on:

User = admin

Password = admin

Next click on Services and Internet Connection

enter Orange username and password, click to validate

You should now be connected.

Also check LAN under Network Connections if any problems.

tonyq 10:40 15 Dec 2006

Hi Zak
May sound silly,but do I need the Wanadoo USB adapter plugged in or should I be able to use the laptops own wireless connector. Also do I need to have the "live box"in Pairing mode,before I try as you suggested.As you can probably guess I am not up on this sort of thing.

Zak 19:05 15 Dec 2006

I would suggest you first set it up wired via ethernet cable. Once that is working and you can access the internet, then set it up as wireless.

I think you should be OK with the laptops wireless connector.

Pairing mode needs to be used when setting up the wireless connection.

These links provide useful information and "how to":

click here

and

click here

Zak 19:11 15 Dec 2006

click here=$solution_id&docPropValue=kb164

Zak 19:15 15 Dec 2006

Once you have clicked on "click here" above type in the rest:

=$solution_id&docPropValue=kb164

at the end of the url address and then presss "enter".

tonyq 21:04 15 Dec 2006

Hi Zak
I set it up wired via ethernet cable,(not to sure what I was doing).Would not connect using laptops wireless connector,but have been able to connect using the Wanadoo USB Adaptor.
Thank you for all your help.

PS I will not tick the Resolved box just yet till I have tried it for a few days.

Thanks again.

Zak 21:10 15 Dec 2006

You're welcome and I'm glad you have cracked it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?