Wanadoo Wireless Router Settings

Taff™ 14:33 30 Mar 2006

I am trying to connect to Wanadoo BB using a D-Link Router but I`m away from "base" so I can`t access my normal resources. Can anyone give me a link to the correct settings please.

Taff™ 22:51 30 Mar 2006

bump

Taff™ 17:57 17 Apr 2006

Resurrecting this one - well it is topical! For clarification I want to know if anyone has successfully connected a wireless router to Wanadoo BB without using the Wanadoo Livebox. If so are there any tips that can be passed on or a link to the correct settings for Wanadoo`s BB connection.

Fingees 19:03 17 Apr 2006

I use a belkin wireless modem/router.

It works extremely well. with lifetime guarentee, and free telephone help.

As I understand it, however, you can only connect broadband from the allotted telephone number.

just in case you are trying to access from elseware.

Wanadoo will give you the info if you ask them.

Taff™ 10:19 18 Apr 2006

Thanks for that - at least I know it can be done! Any chance you can tell me some basic settings from your router?

PPPoA or PPPoE? VPI & VCI (Usually 0,38)? MTU - 1400? Is there a setting for the moulation? Typically this might be GDMT / GLITE or MMODE. Also perhaps the format of the username (without giving yours away of course!)

Many thanks - I`m going to make a second attempt to sort out my mate`s connection later today!

Woolwell 11:02 18 Apr 2006

I have a DLink modem/router connected to Wanadoo.
PPPoA
VPI 0
VCI 38
MTU 1400

The only seeting I had to check was the VCI.

You can only use it with the allocated phone number. Your comment away from base concerns me.

Taff™ 11:14 18 Apr 2006

Thanks for that - exactly what I needed. When I originally said "away from base" I was at my mate`s house. My base (Home)was where my router was so I couldn`t check the settings on my D-Link router but they are pretty much the same. I just wondered if Wanadoo had something different because I believe their Livebox can`t be used with another ISP.

Thanks again.

Taff™ 12:36 18 Apr 2006

Worked a treat. Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?