wanadoo now orange Email problems?

Boy Zone 16:56 01 Nov 2006

A friend of mine has a Wanadoo BB and Email address [email protected]. He wants to access his email via Outlook Express and migrate from the web based email FSmail.net, which only has 5 MB of storage
How does he change from the web based to OE, and what setting does he use (POP SMPT)now that it's orange.
Does he create an Orange EMail address (extention) or what. He has contacted Orange, but has asked me to help as Orange are been not very helpful.

Zak 17:16 01 Nov 2006

click here

in particular:
click here=$solution_id&docPropValue=kb4472

Your friend will not be able to convert existing Orange web mail account. Once OE account running he can then send all mail items from Web mail account to his OE account.

Boy Zone 09:08 02 Nov 2006

thanks for your reply. I have reviewed their help pages. My friend I beieve only has 2 Mg of space, is this normal for Orange BB? GOing over to OE wont help him if he is limited to only 2Mb, or and I missleading myself?

Zak 15:06 02 Nov 2006

I think you may be confusing the download/upload cap of 2GB (giga byte)per month. This has nothing to do with storage.

My Orange BB account email on Orange Webmail shows max storage of 100MB

From Orange FAQ
how can I increase my email allowance?
Article ID: kb7477
When you sign up for one of our internet packages, you'll choose an email address. This email address initially has an allowance of 100Mb of storage space, which can be increased to 500Mb

For FSmail.net email addresses, which are registered for separately to your internet account eg [email protected] the allowance is lower. The initial allowance is 5Mb which can be increase to 250Mb

When you reach 80% of your initial quota of 100Mb for your internet account, or 5Mb for your fsmail.net account, you'll receive a message on your screen asking if you 'Need more Space?

click here=$solution_id&docPropValue=kb7477

Zak 15:13 02 Nov 2006

Once emails are received in OE then provided you have not elected to leave them on the Orange server you will not have any storage issues.

This option in OE is under Tools>Accounts>Mail>Properties (for selected Account)>Advanced tab

Boy Zone 17:19 02 Nov 2006
  Woolwell 17:51 02 Nov 2006

I suspect that he has another e-mail address as well as fsmail.net. What username does he use for connecting to broadband?

Zak 19:02 02 Nov 2006

It will be along this format:

[email protected] where username is e.g.surname.freeserve.co.uk

or
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

i.e. Username log in for Orange BB e.g.

[email protected]

but omit the @fs to give you the username for the POP email

Boy Zone 15:49 03 Nov 2006
  Woolwell 16:02 03 Nov 2006
  Boy Zone 19:24 04 Nov 2006

HI

Well at last I have been able to contact Orange direct to help my friend. His email is [email protected] . Even Orange don't recognise this address and yet it the one he uses to connect to the web. I know this is not an email address as if I try o send an email it bounces back.
I think the best thing is to go to another ISP.
After all he only wants to use OE to access his emails, what a problem this is becoming.
Any last thougths?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?