Wanadoo - Manchester

Jak_1 21:38 13 Feb 2006

Just some info. Wanadoo are upgrading equipment in some exchanges in Manchester, this results in dropped BB connections and a lot of downtime, 6 hours for me on saturday. Anyway they are havings some probs with the migration to 8 meg as I found out today and it could last until 20th feb.

Tech help was useless when I rang them to find out why I couldn't connect and said I had a billing problem and to ring billing!!! Glad I did though, the very nice lady checked my account and all was well and then she checked what was happening in Manchester, within 30 seconds she gave me all the details that tech should have given me! Seems, though I never asked for upgrade from 512 to 8 meg that I am getting it and at no extra cost. Why couldn't tech help give me same info!

So if you are experiencing the same problem then this is prob what's happening to you too. Seems the same is happening in London also.

lihp 22:33 13 Feb 2006

Same thing happening in Bristol. Recently Wanadoo upgraded me to 8meg (no extra cost) and since then the line drops out frequently. Never dropped out at 2meg. It's a bit of a pain but on the upside disconnection means less time to be hit by hackers/viruses etc. when Pc left unattended. So much for progress.
Would you believe it! Line dropped out as I went to post this!

Coptheath 09:22 09 Mar 2006

Terrible problems in Solihull. I have been without my bb conection since 3rd February since they migrated me to the new wanadoo equipment in the exchange.

Jak_1 14:09 09 Mar 2006

coptheath

Get on to Wanadoo billing and tell them. Make a note of just how long you have been without BB, give them the facts and they should compensate you. This advice was given to me by the nice lady who answered the phone when I called them.
Sounds like they should give you at least 2 free months by way of compensation and not just the month you have been without. The second free month should be a goodwill gesture, no harm in asking!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?