wanadoo livebox

yabadabado 10:00 09 Mar 2006

My sister is about to get a wanadoo livebox(wireless), and i cant seem to find much info on these through google.
I want to know 3 tings really.
1) does the livebox have and rj45 out to connect to mac using wires?
2) does the livebox work with macs? ( its the pre intel powermac i think). If it does can someone point me in the direction of instructions to do this?
3) Can i use my own router to connect to wanadoo instead of the livebox? and how does this work with voip calls?

ventanas 10:09 09 Mar 2006

click here for mac

click here for other questions

yabadabado 10:14 09 Mar 2006

thats a real bumm considering tech support keep sayin they do support it, but dont know how to set it up, and wont let her downgrade to the wired livebox so she can connect her mac

ventanas 10:39 09 Mar 2006

Funnily enough I contacted Wanadoo yesterday for some info on the Livebox, and was told by the persion who took the call that he would have to put me on to someone else as he was only trained in matters relating to Macs. So it may be worth a call to them. 0870 010 2462

keef66 11:21 09 Mar 2006

we got a disk through the letterbox last week. I think the literature said the Livebox wasn't Mac compatible. Can't check cos it went the same way as all the other unsolicited junkmail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?