Wanadoo changing to Searchportal 2

ulrich 21:21 02 Nov 2004

I am not very bright but after 3 days I feel that I would rather uninstal Win XP and start again. I don'T have win xp cd only recovery, there is nothing so important that I need to save. I was advised to get adaware but I keep getting cut off by this other programme. What is the best way to uninstal?

Taw® 21:51 02 Nov 2004

Try doing a system restore to when you know the computer was ok.Start>programmes>accessories>system tools and system restore

Jackcoms 22:05 02 Nov 2004

What's your problem exactly?

You haven't told us.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:16 02 Nov 2004

previous thread click here

ulrich 17:16 03 Nov 2004

When I get onto wanadoo it changes to click here. I have spybot and now adaware(I found on a disc)but I cannot uninstal it. I am using my sons pc at the moment because I can't get to pca on mine.
I really am lost on this. That's why I now wonder at a fresh reinstall.

Jackcoms 20:19 03 Nov 2004
  ulrich 22:05 03 Nov 2004

I've d/loaded on this computer in the hope of copying but don't seem able to, on my pc I can't get on the website. I really need to get my pc running, the only option I see is to reformat and start again, it's driving me nuts. I will have another look in the morning. Thank you all for your help.

VoG II 22:12 03 Nov 2004

Download Hijackthis click here and run it.

Post a log - here's how click here

On this forum because of the 800 word limit you will need to do this in "chunks". Also, please double space it by adding a blank line after each line of data.

Jackcoms 07:37 04 Nov 2004

ulrich

CWShredder is only 320kb. Download load it onto a floppy on your 'good' PC for use on your infected PC.

ulrich 18:52 04 Nov 2004

I did end up reinstalling. As I cpould not uninstal this programme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017