Wanadoo Broadband Problem

Giggle n' Bits 22:54 04 Mar 2006

speaking on behalf of friend.

About 3 days ago Wanadoo broadband was upgraded for free to 8Mb from 2mb, apparently all wanadoo B/band customers are getting this free upgrade.

since the upgrade everynight Wanadoo Broadband keeps disconnecting every few minutes. worse from 7pm to 22:45 even tonight.

A call to wanadoo said the Speedtouch 330 modem carn't handle the 8MB and a new driver is needed. Ok, so we downloaded the new driver and installed ok. 2 mins later disconnection again.

Machine is fine, no spyware, viruses or hardware problems.

They said if the driver doesn't fix it then it could be "Contention" or the exchange needs updating and I have to wait till then. They couldn't specify a time for when the exchange would be upgraded. They also said its not BT who upgrade the exchange but Alcatel cos it PPoe or something.

Has anyone got any ideas what we could say to Wanadoo to get the connection back.

As I say it was ok, until they upgraded the connection to 8MB. Personally if somethings not right after a upgrade then I would blame it but any similar problems with you out there in the forum like my mates I would be in interested.

bloo meeny 08:24 05 Mar 2006

Read my post in this thread ..... click here

I notice that the your friends modem (330) and mine (USB) use the same updated driver (R3.0.1), so from my experience, I would say you have nothing to lose from going back to using the old drivers if you can, and see if that makes any difference.

As regards the telephone exchange, I did find an online check ( for use 'only' by BT technical staff) which apparently ran direct to BT servers - and this confirmed my local exchange capability as 8MB.
Unfortunately, I didn't bookmark it and I can't find it now :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone