Wanadoo Broadband

SURVEY 11:33 14 Nov 2005

The area where I live has just come on to Broadband availability. We can receive up to 1Mb width.

I would like to stay with Freeserve (Wanadoo) because my email address is a freeserve one and my present freeserve dial-up service has been OK. I have heard reports that the Wanadoo service can often drop the connection on Broadband. Is this so and has anyone any comments with regard to the Wanadoo broadband service?

ventanas 11:37 14 Nov 2005

Never had a problem yet (probably kiss of death).

bretsky 12:05 14 Nov 2005

Like yourself, email address is a freeserve one and also unemployed for the moment, so cannot change because of CVs etc etc but been B/B since August 2004 and connection dropped 3 times, connected virtually 7/24, tech support very helpful but their accounts dept not very good, but other than that, all ok.....like ventanas, probably kiss of death!

bretsky ;0)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:28 14 Nov 2005

Only lost it a couple of times and thats down to BT maintaining the lines.

Only annoyance was a month ago upgrded from 512 to 2Meg £20, then a fortnight later got a letter saying thanks for beng a good customer have a free upgrade by droppng us an e-mail. :0)

SURVEY 12:31 14 Nov 2005

Thanks to you all for your comments. I will give Wanadoo BB a go. Although I will tick the box, any other comments would be appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?